Thank you for visiting Housing With Hope (HWH) online at www.housingwithhope.org. We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your Personal Information.
We will not sell, rent or trade our donors’ names or Personal Information with any other entity, nor send mailings to our donors on behalf of other organizations.
By submitting your information to us or any of our staff, you consent to the terms and conditions of the policy and to our processing personal information for the purposes stated below.
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, credit card data and other payment information. We collect and store the Personal Information that you have provided us in the following ways:
- When you request information through an email address identified on our website or otherwise contact us in person, by phone, or by email, we may then collect your name, address, telephone number and email in order to respond to your inquiry.
- We may collect your name, email address, address, telephone number and other contact information if you register for an event.
- We may collect your name, email address, telephone number and credit card data and other payment information when you make a contribution, either on or website, over the phone, in person, or by mailing a check.
The above list is a sample of Personal Information that may be collected by HWH. From time to time, we may collect Personal Information in ways not described above.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
- We will not sell, rent, or trade your Personal Information, collected on the website, by other means, or through any other business activities with anyone else.
- We will not send you mailings on behalf of other organizations.
- We will collect payment information, billing address and other information necessary to process a donation or event registration and to contact you in the event of any difficulty in processing your donation or registration.
- We will use your information to comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of others.
- We will use the Personal Information to protect against potential fraud. We may verify with third parties the information collected in the course of processing a gift, event registration or other donation. If you use a credit card or debit card, we may use card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that your card information and address matches the information that you supplied to us and that the card being used has not been reported lost or stolen.
- We may employ other companies and individuals (agents) to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing technical assistance, mailing services, payment processing, and customer service. These other agents will have access to Personal Information and other information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law.
- We may share aggregated demographic information with our affiliates and other third parties. This is not linked to any Personal Information that can identify any individual person.You have the right to review information that we have collected about you. To review that information, please contact us in writing at Housing With Hope Foundation Inc., 2560 US Highway 22 STE 149, Scotch Plains, NJ 07076.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we (directly or through or our payment processing vendor) collect sensitive Personal Information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we (directly or through or our payment processing vendor) use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only personnel who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to Personal Information. The computers/servers in which we store Personal Information are kept in a secure environment.
Update Personal Information and Communications Preferences
If you wish to update your Personal Information with us or change your communications preferences or if you no longer wish to receive communications from us, please tell us so by email, phone or written letter. Please include your exact name and contact details so that we can correctly remove you from our mailing list. Our mailing address is:
Housing With Hope Foundation, Inc.
2560 US Highway 22, STE 149
Scotch Plains, NJ 07076
We can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at (908) 520-6600.
We reserve the right to modify or supplement this policy at any time. If a material change to this policy is made, we will post a notice on the home page, and any changes to the policy will be posted on this page.
If you have any questions or concerns about our privacy statement, the practices of this site, or the use of your Personal Information, or wish to opt out of contact from HWH, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by telephone at (908) 520-6600.
Revised: January 1, 2021
Housing With Hope Foundation, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that offers programs, services, and supportive housing to older adults throughout Union County and Central New Jersey.
Housing With Hope (HWH) welcomes all donations that support the HWH mission to serve aging adults who are navigating loneliness, isolation, and the all too common threat of homelessness by helping them access resources and housing that allows them to continue to thrive.
Housing With Hope may refuse any gift that is out of scope or is in conflict with the Housing With Hopemission or its policies, puts the reputation of Housing With Hope at risk, or is prohibited by law.
Housing With Hope manages a number of fundraising initiatives and campaigns each year. Unless you direct us otherwise, Housing With Hope will use your gift where we determine it is most needed, so that all donations may directly or indirectly support Housing With Hope programs in the area. This financial support is essential for Housing With Hope to fulfill its mission and address the needs of local seniors they serve.
When processing a gift, we follow documented Housing With Hope rules and policies and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles standards. In addition, our independently audited financial statements for Housing With Hope are prepared and published annually for fuller transparency about where donations go and how much they truly help.
If you find that you have made an error in making your donation to Housing With Hope, we will honor your request for a refund made within 30 days of your donation.
If you have questions about donating the Housing With Hope, or to request a refund, please reach out to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org . Refunds are returned using the original method of payment. If you made your donation by credit card, your refund will be credited to that same credit card.
Donation Guidelines are updated as of January 7, 2021.